We are driven by the belief that every individual should have the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. By mobilizing capital into game-changing businesses, we help address critical developmental challenges and in doing so, enable opportunities for everyone.
Building on our team’s experiences living and working across geographies and sectors, we seek investments in sustainable business models that more efficiently deliver key products or services and improve quality of life for individuals in emerging markets. This means increasing affordability, accessibility, and usage of life-changing products and services. We do this while mitigating risks to emerging market consumers and businesses.
Our investees share the following characteristics:
- Management team: Passionate entrepreneurs who leverage deep local market expertise to create and share value in emerging markets
- Impact: Strong commitment to achieve a clear and measurable impact, consistent with our values
- Profitable growth and financial returns: Aspiration to realize market-rate returns through a high potential to scale
- Stage: Working prototypes, preferably post-revenue, even though we consider companies with clear plans for revenue within the next 12-18 months
And meet the following criteria:
- Investee size: The company should be raising a ~$250,000 to ~$750,000 ($1,000,000 max) seed round, in which MIINT funding ($25K – $50K investment from a third party) is a material contribution to the round
- Type of capital: Convertible debt (preferred), equity, or debt, but we will consider other structures used by the lead investor
- Timing: Companies should be open to an investment between April and July 2017, with preference for April/May
Think your company fits our criteria? Tell us more via our contact form!
Through our diverse backgrounds in consulting, investment management, operations, and ecosystem development, our team has proven experience identifying, valuing, managing, and scaling social enterprises. We have lived or worked in a combined 11 countries across Europe, Asia, and Africa and speak seven languages. Our relevant experience includes:
- Sourcing, structuring, and executing investments in financial institutions related to financial inclusion and micro-insurance
- Analyzing and forecasting the economic impact of more than USD $400 million in investments across Africa, Asia, and Latin America
- Developing strategies to help establish social enterprise accelerators and launch funds to invest in community groups, enabling them to respond to complex scenarios
- Scaling African businesses from sectors as diverse as industrial production, education, marketing, off-grid solar power, and manufacturing
- Assisting hybrid businesses across the agricultural value chain in India to improve management and increase productivity